Here are eight basic steps to follow when building a list of contacts by collecting e-mail addresses.
- Use an e-mail marketing programme like Aweber (good) but Infusionsoft (better)
- Get a programme to create an opt-in-page. For example: LeadPages.com (good) but Kajabi (better)
- Create an added-value deliverable such as a free report, template, E-book, audio or video training so people will happily provide an e-mail address in exchange for the value you provide.
- Ask your community about their desires. Send an email to your community with the link to a survey (use a free service like SurveyMonkey.com) asking what they want or need help with in the area of value you’ve identified. Ask open-ended questions to help you later brainstorm or offer multiple choices if you’ve already thought about what you can provide.
- Create a solution: After receiving responses to your survey, get to work and create the solution(s). This could be a physical or digital product (a book, audio or video, written training programme, workbook, E-book etc), or a service (dog grooming, babysitting, coaching, consulting, speaking or training)
- Plan the launch: Turn the launch into an event. Build anticipation months in advance – make people WANT to buy your product or service. Read the book: “Launch” by Jeff Walker for more tips.
- Find a mentor: Find people who have already achieved what you want and copy their behaviour and make it your own. You could either have a relationship with a face-to-face human mentor, hire a coach, read a book or articles by an expert or do web research.
- Schedule time to begin implementing these steps, one at a time and within months you can be enjoying the benefits.
Was this information helpful?
Let me know how this helped you. I’m waiting to hear from you.