Three things nobody wants to admit about their time management:
- How much we procrastinate
- How long it takes to complete a task
- How unwilling we are to delegate
Here’s a little Productivity Challenge for you – are you ready?
FOCUS ON ONE THING (free template available on request):
HOW THIS CHALLENGE WORKS
- Write down all your projects or goals you’re actively working towards at the moment or over the next month.
- Prioritise your projects or goals so you know what you need to focus on. Ask yourself this question: “Out of everything on the list, what’s the one project or goal I’d love to have completed by the end of 30 days?
(Think about the projects or goals most aligned to your big business vision . . . you want to focus on something that will really help you move forward in your business).
- Pick your project or goal i.e. pick the number one project or goal you can focus on for the next 30 days.
Commit to focussing on that ONE PROJECT or ONE GOAL almost to the exclusion of everything else you need to do – all your focus and energy goes into this.
Naturally you will still answer the telephone, respond to e-mails etc but your main focus for the next 30 days should be this ONE PROJECT or GOAL.
Let’s say it’s your goal to get your website up and running or your goal is to revamp your existing website. What steps do you need to take for the next 30 days to get this done?
At the end of the 30 days, let me know how it went.
What mid-year targets have you set for your business and do you have someone who is holding you accountable to the targets you have set? Maybe a peer? Your business partner (s) or your life partner/spouse?
- What have you accomplished for the past 6 months?
- Did you meet or exceed your 6 month goals you set for yourself?
What about the next 6 months leading up to the end of the year?
- What sales targets have you set for the next 6 months? (The total amount you would like to bring in through sales over this period)
- How much do you need to sell each month between now and December to hit this target? (divide this by 6)
- How many products or services do you need to sell each month to achieve this? For example: X products/services per month equals Y per week. If you sell your time by providing a service, this would translate to X hours @ R____ per hour
- Where might these sales come from?
- Existing Customers?
- Do a promotion to attract new business?
- Run a special offer for your newsletter subscribers?
- What monthly salary are you aiming for and by when?
- Social Media: What can you do on social media to create a buzz and generate sales?
- Seasonal Events: Which seasonal events can you tap into? i.e. National Women’s Day, Heritage Day, 16 Days of Activism of no violence against women and children, Christmas or New Year?
- Collaboration: Who could you team up with to do a joint promotion where you share the work and share the reward?
- Speaking Engagements: Could you do talks or speaking engagements at local groups or business clubs where your ideal clients/customers would be, to raise awareness of your business/services you offer? If so, which meetings would you attend and where?
- Existing client base: What could you offer your existing customers/clients that they would find irresistible?